Digital Content Creator
The Walker Art Center empowers people to experience the transformative possibilities of the art and ideas of our time and to imagine the world in new ways. In our over 125-year history, we have become one of the most celebrated art museums in the country and we are known for our innovative presentations and acclaimed collections of contemporary art across the spectrum of the visual, performing, and media arts.
This role is a unique opportunity to collaborate with programming and creative departments at one of the world's most innovative art institutions. This position produces and facilitates the creation of multimedia content across a variety of platforms, including social media and email, to grow and engage local and international audiences and connect them to Walker's mission, exhibitions, programs, events, and initiatives. This role exemplifies Walker's commitment to inclusion through an empathetic understanding of the stories and experiences of new and existing audiences.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO
I. Social media management
- Support all aspects of Walker’s social media strategy, including content development, and audience engagement.
- Manage and update the social media editorial calendar.
- Develop engaging content with a focus on video for Walker’s social media platforms.
- Work with colleagues across departments to create engaging social media campaigns that support the Walker’s exhibits, programs, events and initiatives.
- Monitor and respond to reviews, inquiries and comments across Walker platforms.
- Utilize social data, insights, and best practices to continuously improve audience engagement and recommend new opportunities.
- Develop social media kits for sponsors, staff, board, or partners.
- Remain current on social media trends and best practices as well as new and emerging platforms.
II. Email campaigns
- Maintain Walker’s institutional email calendar and production workflow.
- Support email production and campaign execution, including writing engaging email copy that inspires audiences to engage with Walker’s range of offerings.
- Create, maintain, and optimize email automations and customer journeys.
WHAT WE NEED IN YOU
- At least 2+ years of experience managing social media for a business, organization, or institution as part of a collaborative marketing team.
- Strong written communication skills, including proofreading, grammar, and spelling.
- Attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability to effectively oversee a large variety of time-sensitive projects in a fast-paced work environment.
- Innovative approach and creative-thinking skills. Ability to market a variety of content strategically positioned for optimal audience engagement.
- Comfort and familiarity using digital publishing platforms and content management systems.
- Experience with social media management tools and analytics. Ability to think critically and incorporate data and testing into planning.
- Strong interest in contemporary art and culture.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and experience with Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
- Skills in photography, photo editing, video production, and design are a plus.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk with occasional prolonged periods on your feet for content creation at events.
- This position is considered full-time (35 hours per week), exempt. As an exempt position, it is not eligible for overtime pay.
- The minimum compensation for this role is $50,000 annually, dependent on experience.
- The Walker offers a wide range of benefits for both part-time and full-time employees. This includes the opportunity to work alongside talented individuals and support remarkable artists, events, and programming.
- This position is covered by the American Federation of State, County & Municipal Employees (AFSCME) labor contract.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship.
Vaccination Expectation The Walker Art Center’s COVID vaccination policy requires staff to be fully vaccinated or to supply a negative test every 6 days. We will consider requests for reasonable accommodations based on disability or sincerely-held religious beliefs.
Walker’s DEI commitment The Walker is committed to being an employer with a staff who, at all job levels, reflects the rich diversity of the communities and audiences we serve. We are dedicated to ensuring inclusion and equity in all our employment practices. We deeply value and welcome all the unique lived experiences in our applicants and encourage anyone meeting the minimum requirements to apply.
Recruitment Timeline This position will remain open until filled.