Visitor Experience Specialist, Moving Image
The Walker Art Center empowers people to experience the transformative possibilities of the art and ideas of our time and to imagine the world in new ways. In our over 125-year history, we have become one of the most celebrated art museums in the country and we are known for our innovative presentations and acclaimed collections of contemporary art across the spectrum of the visual, performing, and media arts.The position is a part of a team who, collectively will assist with the supervision of part-time visitor experience staff and managing ticketed events. This individual will specifically work to expand Walker audiences by managing box office needs for the Moving Image department throughout the year including but not limited to regular screenings, British Arrows Awards, Spirit Awards, and After Hours. This individual will work to improve the visitor experience as it relates to Moving Image events, serving as an event manager at these events and working collaboratively with members of the Moving Image department.
- Provide excellent customer service to all patrons of the Walker Art Center for in person, online, and phone interactions.
- Event-manage all MI screenings including but not limited to building events in Tessitura, managing comps/holds, and day-of facilitation.
- Manage all box office related responsibilities pertaining to Moving Image programming.
- Attend and provide insight at weekly Specialist and other department/programmatic meetings.
- Provide on-site box office supervision to ensure the highest quality of customer service.
- Fulfill weekly administrative tasks away from the desk to assist Moving Image while having the flexibility to fulfill projects during box office shifts.
- Plan for and manage After Hours events.
- Manage all group sales for the British Arrow Awards.
- Work with Moving Image department and other Walker staff members to strategize ways of reaching new audiences.
- Perform all necessary opening and close-out procedures as well as maintaining daily operations at the box office.
- Willingness to work outside job description and take on special assignments in order to grow professionally.
- Explore new opportunities to add value to job.
- Experience in customer service.
- Experience with computerized ticketing and membership systems (Tessitura) and Excel preferred.
- Experience box office procedures or event coordination preferred
- Motivated, well-organized, detail-oriented and flexible.
- Ability to work under pressure and possess ability to problem solve in a quick and resourceful manner.
- Ability to converse about themes in contemporary art and share rich information regarding Walker programs and exhibitions preferred.
- Ability to successfully collaborate with multiple personalities and communicate with all levels of the organization.
- This position is considered full-time, non-exempt. As a non-exempt position, it is eligible for overtime pay. The minimum compensation for this role is $23.77 hourly. Work schedule is Wednesday - Sunday. The Walker offers a wide range of benefits for both part-time and full-time employees.
- AFSCME This position is covered by the American Federation of State, County & Municipal Employees (AFSCME) labor
- This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship.
Vaccination Expectation The Walker Art Center’s COVID vaccination policy requires staff to be fully vaccinated or to supply a negative test every 6 days. We will consider requests for reasonable accommodations based on disability or sincerely-held religious beliefs
Walker’s DEI commitment The Walker is committed to being an employer with a staff who, at all job levels, reflects the rich diversity of the communities and audiences we serve. We are dedicated to ensuring inclusion and equity in all our employment practices. We deeply value and welcome all the unique lived experiences in our applicants and encourage anyone meeting the minimum requirements to apply.
Recruitment Timeline All positions are open until filled.