Admissions and Box Office Manager
This individual will work with the Director of Visitor Experience & Insights to ensure the box office team provides all Walker visitors with an engaging and exemplary guest experience. The position will lead a team of four full-time box office Specialists and part-time Associates as well as manage daily operations of front-line sales. This individual will work collaboratively across departments to improve the quality of events and ensure successful execution of front-of-house and box office needs for the Walker.
BOX OFFICE MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Hire, train, and manage four full-time Visitor Experience Specialists and a team of part-time Associates, ensuring the highest level of service for Walker visitors. Stay up-to-date on the internal exhibition and event calendars, on all departmental communications, and deadlines. Provide admissions and box office team with comprehensive information on Walker programs. Utilize ongoing Visitor Experience and operations meetings to inform and educate box office team; utilize other resources (print pieces, talking points, personal interactions with programming departments) as necessary.
- Model the highest standards for customer service and commit to ongoing innovation and adaption to visitor and institutional needs. Proactively identify and develop solutions to improve the visitor experience with Visitor Services team and Director of Visitor Experience & Insights. Provide feedback and guidance to ensure the clear understanding of Walker and department expectations.
- Create weekly schedules for the Visitor Experience Specialists and part-time Associates.
- Attend and provide insight at weekly department and other programmatic meetings.
- Coordinate quarterly trainings for the admissions/box office team in subjects including but not limited to customer service, accessibility-related topics and DEI.
- Oversee necessary opening and close-out procedures as well as execution of daily operations at the admissions desk and box office(s).
- Help craft a welcoming, accessible, and audience-focused experience for a diverse population of visitors.
- Work intimately with Tessitura to accurately report on events and client data in addition to ensuring functional ticketing systems and software.
- Serve as primary contact for department-related box office and admission responsibilities.
- Develop training protocols for new hires relating to box office tasks and responsibilities and serve as resource for troubleshooting within the Visitor Experience department.
- Provide on-site event supervision to ensure the highest quality of customer service and manage/assign box office procedures for assigned events.
- Assist the Visitor Experience Specialists with necessarily event builds, ticketing setup, and troubleshooting.
- Work with Director of Visitor Experience & Insights and Head of PELI to develop and manage respective budget(s).
- Support the Director of Visitor Experience & Insights as needed.
- Inspirational leadership style combining organizational competence with strong management and interpersonal skills.
- Collaborative spirit and desire to engage with a variety of Walker departments and outside organizations to support the Walker’s visitor experience and programmatic goals.
- Experience in customer service and box office procedures.
- Possess ability to problem solve in a quick and resourceful manner. Ability to converse about themes in contemporary art and share rich information regarding Walker programs and exhibitions.
- Knowledge of PC computer skills including cloud-based ticketing and membership systems (Tessitura), and Excel desired.
- Cash-handling and reporting experience essential.
- Ability to handle a variety of operations simultaneously.
- Proven ability to work with a wide range of personalities and people across a variety of generations.
- Full-time (35 hours), Salary Exempt, $55,000-65,000 annually, dependent on level of experience; flexibility to work some evenings and weekends required.
- Excellent benefits package, Walker membership and museum discount, and the opportunity to work alongside talented individuals and support remarkable artists, events and programming.
The Walker is committed to being an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities and audiences we serve. We are dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.
The Walker Art Center requires all employees to comply with our COVID vaccination policy, which requires staff to be fully vaccinated or test every 6 days. The Walker Art Center is an equal opportunity employer and will consider request for reasonable accommodations based on disability or sincerely-held religious beliefs possible without undue hardship.