Visitor Experience Specialist, Volunteer Coordinator
The position is a part of a team who, collectively, will champion exemplary visitor experiences for Walker visitors. This individual will specifically coordinate and facilitate volunteer intake and orientation. They will work to improve the visitor and volunteer experiences by supervising and directly implementing the services and resources necessary to deeply engage with Walker programs and exhibitions.
- Provide excellent customer service to all Walker Art Center patrons and volunteers for in person, online, and phone interactions.
- Attend and provide insight at weekly Visitor Experience Services department meetings and other department/programmatic meetings.
- Work intimately with Shiftboard to schedule volunteers and accurately report on events and client data.
- Supervise volunteers and serve as point of contact for all volunteer-related concerns. Develop new initiatives to highlight volunteer experiences to staff and the volunteer team.
- Converse about themes in contemporary art and share rich information regarding Walker programs and exhibitions
- Volunteer management: manage all institutional volunteer needs. Responsible for all internal communications with event managers. Facilitate external communications with volunteers, develop schedules, and conduct interviews and orientations.
- Information guide volunteer management: administer all communications, create schedules, and update weekly building schedule for volunteers enlisted as part of the frontline team to provide in-gallery engagement and customer service.
- Perform all necessary opening and close-out procedures as well as maintain daily operations at the box office. Provide on-site event supervision to ensure the highest quality of customer service and manage box office procedures for assigned events.
- Experience in customer service and box office procedures, volunteer and/or staff management.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and communications skills required.
- Exemplary customer service skills used to manage high volume of volunteers.
- Possess ability to problem solve in a quick and resourceful manner.
- Knowledge of PC computer skills including Tessitura, Excel, Artifax and Shiftboard desired.
SCHEDULE AND COMPENSATION
- Full-time (35 hours), Hourly Non-Exempt, $23.76 hourly, Wednesday - Sunday.
- Robust benefits package, Walker membership and museum discount, and the opportunity to work alongside talented individuals and support remarkable artists, events and programming.
This position is covered by the American Federation of State, County & Municipal Employees (AFSCME) labor contract.
The Walker is committed to being an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities and audiences we serve. We are dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.
The Walker Art Center requires all employees to comply with our COVID vaccination policy, which requires staff to be fully vaccinated or test every 6 days. The Walker Art Center is an equal opportunity employer and will consider request for reasonable accommodations based on disability or sincerely-held religious beliefs possible without undue hardship.
This position will remain open until filled.