Overhire - Stage Hand
The Theater Technician provides technical support to Walker Art Center programming as assigned. These technicians support the wide range of technical activities of a multi-jurisdictional arts center with programming support need on a show-by-show basis (part time/occasional).
- Support live artistic programming as a theatrical technician under the supervision of Walker full time staff
- Stagehand/electrician/run crew
- Lighting focus/troubleshooting
- Audio troubleshooting
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- 1 year working experience in theater production in areas of backstage
- Experience in technical production such as lighting, audio and basic rigging, video and data projection, and carpentry is preferred.
- Skills in other technical areas outside of video are valued
- Part-time, project based, Non-exempt, $21 hourly.
- Ends June 2023.
This position is covered by the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees (IATSE) labor contract.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds unassisted
- Comfortable with working at heights required by hydraulic lifts, extension ladders and theatrical grids.
The Walker is committed to being an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities and audiences we serve. We are dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.
The Walker Art Center requires all employees to comply with our COVID vaccination policy, which requires staff to be fully vaccinated or test every 6 days. The Walker Art Center is an equal opportunity employer and will consider request for reasonable accommodations based on disability or sincerely-held religious beliefs possible without undue hardship.