Visitor Experience Associate
The Walker Art Center has an immediate opening for a part-time Visitor Experience Associate to join our enthusiastic and talented Public Engagement, Learning and Impact team.
The Walker places the highest priority on the visitor experience and strives to provide a supportive and respectful environment for all who visit this remarkable institution. All visitor-facing teams share responsibility for greeting our visitors and providing assistance in ways that support extraordinary experiences and repeat visits. Our Visitor Experience Associates provide recognizably exceptional customer service to all visitors.
- Provide recognizably exceptional customer service to all visitors.
- Proactively and warmly welcome guests, respond to questions, and provide guidance to museum visitors.
- Sell daily museum admission, program tickets and memberships. Process transactions through ticketing and client management system (Tessitura).
- Seat patrons, scan tickets, distribute programs, and perform light theater cleaning between screenings.
- Assist in crowd monitoring for safety concerns and emergency situations.
- Respond to general inquiries and feedback from guests and members on site.
- Resolve customer concerns in a polite and professional manner.
- Learn and provide thorough knowledge of general event and facility information for visitors.
- Monitor the mini golf course.
- Applicants should be honest, hardworking, genuine, outgoing, and amiable.
- Experience in customer service, tourism and box office procedures desirable.
- Ability to problem-solve in a quick and resourceful manner.
- Ability to handle a variety of operations simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of personalities and people across a variety of cultures, generations, and abilities.
- A willing attitude and positive demeanor
Hours & Compensation: 10-20 hours per week; $16.48/hour, non-exempt; Thursday through Sunday.
Typical shift runs between 10:30am and 9:00pm
This position is covered by the American Federation of State, County & Municipal Employees (AFSCME) labor contract.
The Walker is committed to being an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities and audiences we serve. We are dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.
The Walker Art Center requires all employees to comply with our COVID vaccination policy, which requires staff to be fully vaccinated or test every 6 days. The Walker Art Center is an equal opportunity employer and will consider request for reasonable accommodations based on disability or sincerely-held religious beliefs possible without undue hardship.