Overhire - Lighting Technician
The lighting technician provides support to live artistic programming at the Walker Art Center under the supervision of Walker full-time staff. These lighting technicians support the wide range of technical activities of a multi-jurisdictional arts center with programming support need on a show-by-show basis.
- Theatrical lighting hang/focus/strike
- Electrical and lighting troubleshooting
- Lighting console programming (ETC GIO)
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- 2 years experience in lighting hang/focus/strike
- Preferred experience in Q-Lab programming and operation
- Skills in other technical areas outside of video are valued
- Experience in theatrical rigging systems operation
- Part-time, project based, Non-exempt, $23 hourly.
- Walker membership and museum discount, and the opportunity to work alongside talented individuals and support remarkable artists, events and programming.
Ends June 2023.
This position is covered by the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees (IATSE) labor contract.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds unassisted
- Comfortable with working at heights required by hydraulic lifts, extension ladders and theatrical grids.
The Walker is committed to being an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities and audiences we serve. We are dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.
The Walker Art Center requires all employees to comply with our COVID vaccination policy, which requires staff to be fully vaccinated or test every 6 days. The Walker Art Center is an equal opportunity employer and will consider request for reasonable accommodations based on disability or sincerely-held religious beliefs possible without undue hardship.