Visitor Experience Specialist
The Walker Art Center has an immediate opening for a Visitor Experience Specialist to join our enthusiastic and talented Public Engagement, Learning and Impact team.
The Walker places the highest priority on the visitor experience and strives to provide a supportive and respectful environment for all who visit this remarkable institution. All visitor-facing teams share responsibility for greeting our visitors and providing assistance in ways that support extraordinary experiences and repeat visits. Our Visitor Experience Associates provide recognizably exceptional customer service to all visitors.
The position is a part of a team who, collectively, will assist with the supervision of the Visitor Experience associates and liaise with Public Engagement, Learning and Impact (PELI) to plan and facilitate related events. This individual will work collaboratively with the PELI department to implement PELI events and ensure delivery of exemplary guest experience.
- Provide excellent customer service to all patrons of the Walker Art Center for in-person, online, and phone interactions.
- Attend and provide insight at weekly Specialist and other department/programmatic meetings.
- Work with staff representatives from the PELI department to bridge interdepartmental objectives to the box office.
- Coordinate and facilitate visitor engagement in PELI.
- Work with PELI staff to ensure seamless integration of programmatic and box office efforts. Manage visitor access and engagement in the full spectrum of PELI offerings including Target Free Thursday Nights, Sensory Friendly Sundays and Free First Saturdays.
- This position also supports Visual Arts and Design programs as well as filling in as an event manager for PA and MI programs as needed.
- Meet with PELI staff on a weekly basis to provide feedback and brainstorm ways to structure programs that improve the visitor experience and balance VE staff resources.
- Work intimately with Tessitura to accurately report on events and client data in addition to ensuring functional ticketing systems and software.
- Supervise Visitor Experience Associates and oversee daily box office operations. Promote departmental standards and expectations. Perform all necessary opening and close-out procedures as well as maintaining daily operations at the box office.
- Spearhead accessibility and inclusion efforts. Advocacy on behalf of the guest to ensure inclusive experiences.
- Other duties as assigned.
Strong interpersonal, leadership, and communications skills required. Experience in customer service and box office procedures. Possess ability to problem solve in a quick and resourceful manner. Ability to converse about themes in contemporary art and share rich information regarding Walker programs and exhibitions required. Knowledge of PC computer skills including computerized ticketing and membership systems (Tessitura), and Excel desired. Ability to handle a variety of operations simultaneously.
Salary is $42,000
Full-time (35 hours/week Wednesday-Sunday; varied schedule depending on events); benefits eligible; Walker membership, museum discounts, and the opportunity to work alongside talented individuals and support remarkable artists, events and programming.
This position is covered by the American Federation of State, County & Municipal Employees (AFSCME) labor contract.
The Walker is committed to being an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities and audiences we serve. We are dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.
The Walker Art Center requires all employees to comply with our COVID vaccination policy, which requires staff to be fully vaccinated or test every 6 days. The Walker Art Center is an equal opportunity employer and will consider request for reasonable accommodations based on disability or sincerely-held religious beliefs possible without undue hardship.