Social Media Specialist
The Walker has an immediate opening for a Social Media Specialist. The job is an excellent opportunity to collaborate with all programming and creative departments at one of the world’s most innovative art institutions. This position plays a critical role in helping to engage audiences and connect them to Walker’s mission and programming. This role supports and executes marketing strategy by providing a variety of content on an array of different platforms; develops innovative and creative ways to engage new and existing local and international audiences, and actively seeks occasions to help accomplish a variety of marketing and visitor engagement goals. This role exemplifies Walker's commitment to inclusion through an empathetic understanding of the stories and experiences of new and existing audiences’ desires.
The Communications and Content Department at The Walker, crafts the content that we put out into the world to galvanize our multiple audiences. The department serves to inform and inspire audiences about our programs and encourages them to take part. The successful candidate will work closely with the Marketing Director in order to:
· Identify Target Audience
· Set Clear Objectives
· Create Solid Content Strategy, focusing on platform-specific content
· Execute Promotion Strategy, targeted marketing
· Develop Engagement Strategy
· Create Multiple Series of Content with a “publishing” mindset
Social Media Content Development
• Develop engaging content for Walker's social media platforms (organic and paid activity).
• Work in partnership with cross-functional to generate story ideas.
• Work with colleagues across departments to gather content from existing sources (Archives, Visual Arts, Design, Publishing, Performing Arts, Moving Image, Development, etc.).
• Collaborate with the Design team to develop art-directed posts.
• Write engaging social media copy in a consistent brand-appropriate voice.
• Develop social media kits for sponsors, staff, board, or partners.
• Collaborate with others to cover live events generate social media audience engagement.
• Utilize social data/metrics, insights, and best practices to continuously improve audience engagement with content.
Social Media Audience Engagement Strategy
· Define, manage and execute social media audience engagement strategy as a critical component of Walker’s overarching integrated communications function.
· Work with marketing colleagues and program partners to develop integrated communications.
· Create and manage the social media editorial calendar and align the timing of social media with other content distribution.
· Collaborate with others to identify and manage audience targeting.
· Manage allocation of media spend and total budget for ad campaigns, events, and sponsored content.
· Stay current with social media trends, emerging technologies, and measurement standards; participate in industry discussions, conferences, and panels.
· Work closely with third-party social media partners/co-presenting partners to leverage complementary engagement strategies.
· Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising social media, content marketing, SEO, and social advertising campaigns.
• Develop measurement standards and goals for Walker’s social media efforts; create and distribute reports based on analytics.
Social Media Audiences Management
• Work with Marketing and PR in the management of critical institutional issues messaging for social media.
• Monitor, listen, interact, and respond to audiences and online reviews.
• Manage publishing of content on social media platforms.
• Stay apprised of policies and protocols around programs and events providing customer service for the social community.
• Identify and manage opportunities for user-generated and staff-generated content.
• Stay abreast of current events and online activity related to arts and culture.
• Remain current on social media trends and best practices as well as new and emerging platforms.
Salary 60k-65k annually, dependent on experience.
Full-time (35 hours/week), Exempt; Excellent benefits package, Walker membership and museum discount, and the opportunity to work alongside talented individuals and support remarkable artists, events and programming.
· 3+ years’ experience managing social media for a business, organization, or institution as part of a collaborative marketing team.
· Experience creating and managing paid and organic social media campaigns.
· Experience with social media management tools and analytics. Ability to think critically and incorporate data and testing into planning.
· Basic knowledge of HTML and experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
· Innovative approach and creative-thinking skills. Ability to market a variety of content strategically positioned for optimal audience engagement.
· Strong interest in contemporary art and culture.
· Strong written communications skills, including proofreading, grammar, and spelling.
· Attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability to effectively oversee a large variety of time-sensitive projects in a fast-paced work environment.
· Collaborative work style, strong interpersonal skills, and ability to adapt to shifting demands and priorities.
· Skills in photography, photo editing, video production, and design are a plus.
This position is covered by the American Federation of State, County & Municipal Employees (AFSCME) labor contract.
The Walker is committed to being an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities and audiences we serve. We are dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.
The Walker Art Center requires all employees to comply with our COVID vaccination policy, which requires staff to be fully vaccinated or test every 6 days. The Walker Art Center is an equal opportunity employer and will consider requests for reasonable accommodations based on disability or sincerely-held religious beliefs possible without undue hardship.