The Walker seeks a full-time Membership Coordinator to provide administrative and event support for our collaborative and accomplished Membership and Development team. This position is a part of the dynamic department responsible for creating meaningful experiences for members and donors while raising the funds to sustain our core museum activities including exhibitions, education initiatives, public programs, capital projects, and more.
Responsibilities will include:
- Facilitate great donor stewardship by executing rapid acknowledgements, membership packets and cards, renewal appeals, etc.
- Daily processing and tracking of incoming funds while maintaining related record keeping such as reconciliation and reporting
- Oversee data entry and maintenance to ensure the best data available to support development, membership, and other programs; provide reports as requested
- Assist with membership trainings and sales campaigns, serve as a steward to our visitor-facing staff members, ensuring they have the information and tools to be able to confidently speak to and sell our various membership offerings
- Full-time (35 hours), $ 20 - $24/ hour dependent on level of experience; Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends required.
- Excellent benefits package, Walker membership and museum discount, and the opportunity to work alongside talented individuals and support remarkable artists, events and programming.
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL HAVE:
- 1 - 2 years experience working in the nonprofit sector.
- Experience with direct mail campaigns, individual donor programs, event management for fundraising/development, and membership programs.
- High level of organization and planning skills with great attention to details
- Experience with data management, particularly in Tessitura or similar, preferred. Microsoft Office Suite Experience required
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to conduct research, gather data, analyze information, and prepare reports and other materials.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, to demonstrate an understanding of ethics related to development activities, and to use discretion in interactions with donors, prospects, volunteers, and others.
To Apply: submit cover letter and resume to this job posting.
The Walker is committed to being an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities and audiences we serve. We are dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.
The Walker Art Center requires all employees to comply with our COVID vaccination policy, which requires staff to be fully vaccinated or test every 6 days. The Walker Art Center is an equal opportunity employer and will consider request for reasonable accommodations based on disability or sincerely-held religious beliefs possible without undue hardship.