The Walker Art Center is more than a museum.
- We commission and present pioneering contemporary art;
- We foster collaboration among visual, performing, and media artists;
- We engage diverse audiences in the excitement of the creative process;
- We serve communities by inspiring and encouraging social and civic dialogue and participation; and
- We are home to the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden
The Walker Art Center is seeking a full-time skilled and energetic Marketing Manager. The ideal candidate has a strong track record of increasing audience engagement and delivering high ROI results. The role will require creativity, a keen affinity for the Walker Art Center and strong attention to detail.
The Communications and Content Department at The Walker Art Center, crafts the content that we put out into the world to galvanize our multiple audiences. The department serves to inform audiences about our programs and encourages them to take part. The Marketing Manager will be responsible of executing marketing and media plans for the programming, as well as membership, shop, rentals and the eatery (Cardamom) in support of the Associate Director of Public Relations.
Areas of collaboration requires previous “working with” experience in three or more areas: Graphic Design, Copywriting, User Experience, Content Management, Production, Creative Operations, Research and Analysis, Advertising, Social Media, Video and Motion Graphics, and OOH.
- Execute marketing strategies that include creative briefs, audience identification, expense management, and multi-channel media plans.
- Manage the development of advertising including copywriting, proofreading, video storyboarding, and scheduling. Work closely with designer on project requirements as wells as editors and client departments to ensure accuracy of copy and timeliness of production schedules.
- Assist with the execution of media partnership agreements, marketing elements of grant and corporate sponsorship agreements, and co-marketing opportunities with Walker partners.
- Maintain Institutional Messaging Schedule
- Maintain walker.org homepage content schedule
- Help plan and coordinate marketing for institutional events.
- Paginate quarterly Walker magazine, assign and track copy submissions.
- Collect marketing impression on an on-going basis in support of the Development Department.
- Track/Maintain department budget
- Other projects as needed.
- Full-time (35 hours), Exempt; $50-58k annually, dependent on experience; excellent benefits package, Walker membership and museum discount, and opportunity to work alongside talented individuals and support remarkable artists, events and programming.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 4+ years’ experience in communications or marketing (may include media buying, copywriting, proofreading, email marketing, and project management).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with writers and graphic designers required.
- Attentive to details, well-organized, and flexible in meeting shifting demands and priorities.
- Professional poise, strong interpersonal skills, a collaborative work style, and the ability to efficiently and accurately oversee a large variety of time-sensitive projects in a fast-paced work environment required.
- Strong writing skills, including proofreading, grammar and spelling.
- Direct experience with Microsoft Office required.
- Experience with Tessitura and Word Fly preferred.
- Strong interest for contemporary art is essential.
The Walker is committed to being an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities and audiences we serve. We are dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.