The Walker is currently seeking a skilled and capable Production Manager to manage productions for assigned programming while ensuring technical excellence and that all productions proceed smoothly.
We have one of the most active and influential contemporary performing arts programs in the country, presenting and commissioning works in dance, music, theater, and performance art. Our William and Nadine McGuire Theater enables performers to present ambitious and technically complex works in an intimate setting. The theater also serves as a research and development space for new performance based pieces, expanding the Walker’s ability to commission and present new works. Walker programming also includes video, film, meetings, receptions and parties both inside the Walker and in other venues and non-traditional locations.
RESPONSIBILITIES will include:
- Coordinating technical resources (personnel and equipment) to support programming, providing budget reports and production schedules, hiring crews and coordinating required rentals and purchases, providing drawings and paperwork necessary for productions.
- Coordinating technical requirements and division of job responsibilities with Walker support staff, incoming artists and tech staff, and house tech staff for off-site venues.
- Balancing production demands with departmental resources and programming budgets to create a supportive environment for artists and crew.
- Modeling behavior that is respectful and professional, being sensitive to cultural differences, and supporting a positive and inclusive work environment.
- Full-time (35 hours), Non-exempt; Salary up to 50-60k, dependent on level of experience; Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends required.
- Excellent benefits package, Walker membership and museum discount, and the opportunity to work alongside talented individuals and support remarkable artists, events and programming.
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL HAVE:
- One to three years’ experience as production manager with comprehensive understanding of large scale show and event production.
- Must have working knowledge of all areas of technical production, including lighting, audio, video and data projection, carpentry and stage rigging.
- Must possess exceptional interpersonal and communications skills; Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and work with a wide range of personalities and people across a variety of cultures, generations, and abilities.
- Detail oriented and highly organized with ability to problem-solve in a quick and resourceful manner
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, basic drafting software (reading, comprehension, editing), and troubleshooting for computer presentations.
To Apply: submit a cover letter and resume to this posting.
The Walker is committed to being an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities and audiences we serve. We are dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.