Design Studio Manager
We have an immediate opening for a dynamic and proficient Design Studio Manager. This position manages and tracks our creative production that comes from our talented Design and Editorial teams, which includes exhibition and marketing-related materials as well as Walker publications. This role is ideal for someone with a mad skill for collaborative problem-solving, and an innate ability to manage and coordinate multiple moving pieces in a dynamic environment as part of an ambitious and talented creative team.
- Design Studio production management and tracking; work closely with coworkers across the Walker to understand and prioritize design needs; work with Design Director to assign projects to studio team; maintain all project files and records; Work closely with Design Director to develop, implement, and track departmental budgets, cash flows, capital budget requests
- Manage all aspects of the exhibition catalogue publishing, such as the request for bids and schedules, manage budgets, coordinate book proposals, marketing and sales materials for distributors as well as editorial and production schedules
- Assist in the management of various design curatorial initiatives, including lecture series, online projects, catalogues, and design exhibitions.
- On larger projects, secure competitive bids to ensure highest quality within established budgets, purchase printing services, coordinate communications, generate purchase orders and authorize invoices for all production and printing vendors.
- Maintain basic studio supplies and equipment; retrieve digital files from department archive; draft and maintain contracts for freelance support and visiting designers as needed.
Schedule and Compensation:
- Salary 50k-58k annually, dependent on experience.
- Full-time (35 hours/week), Exempt; Excellent benefits package, Walker membership and museum discount, and the opportunity to work alongside talented individuals and support remarkable artists, events and programming.
- Minimum 1-3 years prior studio/office manager experience
- Proficiency using digital scheduling tools such as Airtable or Monday.com;
- Expert working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets, Microsoft Word, and other Office software; familiarity with the Macintosh and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Bridge)
- Self-guided with excellent time management skills; proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously a must
- Detail oriented and highly organized with ability to problem-solve in a quick and resourceful manner
- Must possess exceptional interpersonal and communications skills; Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and work with a wide range of personalities and people across a variety of cultures, generations, and abilities
- Experience with print production and printing practices desired
For Consideration: include application materials to this posting.
The Walker is committed to being an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities and audiences we serve. We are dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.