Seasonal Sculpture Garden Technician
The Walker Art Center is seeking a seasonal Sculpture Garden Technician. This part-time, temporary position offers a great opportunity to learn about the care of great sculpture in Minnesota’s iconic Minneapolis Sculpture Garden while enjoying summer air!
About the Role:
The Sculpture Garden Technician will assist in the care and maintenance of the sculptures in the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden as well as sculptures and works of art on Walker’s hillside and terraces.
- Duration: June through September
- Schedule: Monday-Friday, 25 hours/week
- Compensation: $17-22 per hour (dependent on experience), one-year Walker membership, and museum discounts.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- The ability to lift 50 lbs. unassisted and climb ladders
- Prior experience providing comparable outdoor care/maintenance
- Dependable and detail-oriented
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Proficient with hand tools and experience operating a variety of machines (i.e. platform lift, utility cart, ladders, pressure washer, weed whip)
- Basic knowledge of sculptural materials preferred
- Carpentry skills are a plus.
To apply provide a cover letter, resume and names and contact information of 3 professional references as attachments directly to this posting.