Public Relations Coordinator
The Walker Art Center is more than a museum.
- We commission and present pioneering contemporary art;
- We foster collaboration among visual, performing, and media artists;
- We engage diverse audiences in the excitement of the creative process;
- We serve communities by inspiring and encouraging social and civic dialogue and participation; and
- We are home to the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden
We are seeking a talented and motivated Public Relations Coordinator to assist in all aspects of public relations planning and coordination, from scheduling events and liaising with the press.
Responsibilities include working with staff members across Walker departments to gather program/event information for press releases and/or other communications; coordinating and processing all press releases; responding to media inquiries and maintaining relationships with journalists and other members of the press; assisting with logistics and experiences for press visits and preview tours; maintaining files and databases; and making sure timelines are met.
- Full-time (35 hours), Non-exempt, some evenings and weekends required
- Salary $36k-38k dependent on experience; excellent benefits package; generous 403(b)
- Walker membership, museum discount, and opportunity to work alongside talented individuals and support remarkable artists, events and programming.
- 1-3 years of related experience, prior experience working within PR preferred.
- Excellent writing and editing skills; ability to synthesize information and communicate clearly to a wide range of individuals from varied backgrounds.
- High degree of initiative and attention to detail with ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines.
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience conducting research and developing proposals.
- Solid proven organizational skills including project management and event planning/management.
- Ability and judgment to maintain confidentiality.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position; they do not purport to describe all functions of the position. Walker employees may be assigned other duties and the essential functions of the position may change or be changed with or without notice.
The Walker is committed to being an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities and audiences we serve. We are dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.