The Walker Art Center is more than a museum.
- We commission and present pioneering contemporary art;
- We foster collaboration among visual, performing, and media artists;
- We engage diverse audiences in the excitement of the creative process;
- We serve communities by inspiring and encouraging social and civic dialogue and participation; and
- We are home to the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden
About the Role:
We are seeking a collaborative and highly-skilled Accounting Director to join our amazing team. This is a hands-on leadership position, providing day-to-day guidance to a small team of skilled individuals who are responsible for Walker accounting activities, which includes daily, monthly, quarterly transaction work as well as annual audit and tax return. This is a position that work together with staff across Walker departments on financial transactions in support of our programming and our operations. The Accounting Director also has financial accountabilities, which include endowment fund reporting, cash management, payroll review, and financial analysis. This position provides critical support to the CFO role through strong management of daily accounting function, accounting technical knowledge and analytic skills.
- Full-time (35 hours), Exempt
- Salary $90k-$110k dependent on experience
- Excellent benefits package with generous 403(b); and opportunity to work alongside talented individuals and support remarkable artists, events and programming
Qualified candidates will be CPA certified and have 7-10 years accounting experience with a minimum of 3 years’ experience managing a team. They will have a proven track record of collaboration and building positive relationships within finance and non-finance teams. They will have strong Microsoft Office skills with extensive experience using spreadsheets, accounting software and budgeting technology. Specific experience with Dynamics SL, Solver/BI360 and Tessitura desired. An understanding and familiarity of non-profit and cultural arts environments preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position; they do not purport to describe all functions of the position. Walker employees may be assigned other duties and the essential functions of the position may change or be changed with or without notice.