Digital Media Strategist
The Walker Art Center is seeking an innovative and experienced Digital Media Strategist. The Digital Media Strategist’s primary focus is producing content that resonates and engages the Walker’s audiences through dynamic storytelling. This position is responsible for both the editorial strategy and distribution approach across channels. Reporting to the Director of Marketing & PR, the role is part of the Communications and Content Division. The Digital Media Strategist manages the Digital Content Creator.
DIGITAL PUBLISHING AT THE WALKER
The Walker empowers people to experience the transformative possibilities of the art and ideas of our time and to imagine the world in new ways. Digital content supports deeper audience engagement through producing essays, conversations, and curatorial perspectives.
People globally connect with the Walker through a range of digital experiences. The Walker’s content team is driven to ensure that these moments are rewarding, accessible, and building relationships with audiences. Walker online publishing platforms include the Walker Reader, The Gradient, Mn Artists, YouTube, and social media.
Develop multi-channel publishing strategy
- In partnership with Head of Content and Director of Marketing, develop and implement a digital content strategy across all digital channels.
- Responsible for defining the tone of voice across digital communications. Develop and maintain editorial standards for online content.
- Be an internal advocate for engaging audiences digitally.
- Partner with editorial board on maintaining digital product roadmap.
Lead online content initiatives
- Manage the digital content calendar, establishing content priorities and providing strategic leadership. Responsible for timelines and content budget management.
- Write, edit, and manage content flow for walkerart.org. Ensuring a timely and engaging online experience.
- Maintain search engine optimization ensuring best practices are regularly are being utilized.
- Create analytics reporting framework. Build views that integrate digital engagement and inspire audience-first content planning.
- Collaborate with colleagues throughout the organization to create project-specific digital experiences.
Support marketing campaigns
- Identify storytelling opportunities that help create engaging marketing campaigns for Walker programming.
- Copyedit marketing emails ensuring accuracy and alignment with brand voice.
- Support Marketing team with ad-hoc campaign needs, including copy editing and writing tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Creative Writing, Art History, Journalism, Communications, or other related studies.
- 5+ years editorial experience. 2+ years online publishing experience.
- Excellent writing, copyediting, and proofreading skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- Demonstrable interest in modern and contemporary art.
- Adept at managing multiple deadlines, including long- and short-term deadlines, and complex projects from inception to final deliverable.
- Excellent project management skills including creating and managing schedules. Must work independently, provide accurate work estimates, and manage timelines across multiple projects.
- Strong communication and diplomatic skills in order to interface with various departments and management levels. Natural collaborator who enjoys working closely with others.
- Familiarity with current and emerging digital publishing trends and forecasts.
- Comfort and familiarity using digital publishing platforms and content management systems.
- Familiarity with digital analytics, uncovering insights and putting them into action.
- A commitment to equality as an institutional goal, and comfort with inclusive and accessible language.
Salary $65,000 - 75,000 annually, dependent on experience.
Full-time (35 hours/week), Exempt; Robust benefits package, Walker membership and museum discount, and the opportunity to work alongside talented individuals and support remarkable artists, events and programming.