Audience Analytics and Insights Specialist
The Audience Analytics and Insights Specialist will play a key role stewarding a data-driven approach to decision making and will proactively provide consultation to internal business areas. The role is responsible for project managing and implementing the collection, analysis and interpretation of quantitative and qualitative data to deliver actionable insights across various functions of the organization including Development, Marketing, Programming and Visitor Experience.
This role also manages and builds data dashboards; oversees year end data collection and reporting; and works closely with senior leaders, managers, and staff to promote data-informed decisions across the institution.
Responsibilities will include:
- Conduct strategic data acquisition and analysis; support a culture of data-based decision making.
- Provide general analytical insight and results tracking to understand impact and increase the effectiveness of museum content, programming, and communications.
- Manage audience survey documents, including clearly presenting surveying materials and incentives, organizing collected surveys, etc.
- Analyze CRM data such as member records, visitor history, purchasing/sales history, types of purchase, inquiries, complaints, exposure and response to marketing campaigns and channel preferences, and find correlations and causations between different types of data.
- Define customer loyalty metrics reporting methodologies.
- Research and recommend/implement new analysis tools and methodologies in support of the museum’s strategic goal of personalizing audience experiences.
- Participate on cross-collaborative first-time visitor experience working group.
- Co-lead Walker’s cross-collaborative data strategy working group
- Administration, Reporting and Project Management
- Design project goals and success markers, determine how success will be measured and tracked. Ensure the project remains on time and on budget and help motivate team members to hit their goals. Act as a liaison between project teams and upper level management. Prepare and present progress reports to Senior Leaders and ensure data projects are furthering organizational goals.
- Prepare and share reports and communicate evaluation results with appropriate stakeholders.
- Manage and personally conduct programmatic, DEIA, and operational data collection from departments across the organization to feed the annually-produced Master Reporting Spreadsheet and related reports such as Vital Signs, the annual report, and department specific reports.
- Create and maintain monthly audience engagement “dashboard” reports to make the understanding and consumption of audience data easier and more efficient.
- Explain and disseminate audience data to internal stakeholders, whether through in-person presentations or via Walker’s portal.
- Consistently explore best options for audience data reporting and make recommendations as needed.
- Develop, implement and manage a system for coordinating both existing and new report requests, prioritizing requests aligned with strategic plan goals and KPIs.
- Full-time (35 hours), hourly, non-exempt, annualized salary up to $40-50k, dependent on level of experience; flexibility to work some evenings and weekends required.
- Excellent benefits package, Walker membership and museum discount, and the opportunity to work alongside talented individuals and support remarkable artists, events and programming.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of two years of experience that includes data and analytical components.
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills with the ability to logic-check and see patterns and stories in information and data.
- Must be able to synthesize complex ideas and activities into coherent and compelling narratives.
- Excellent communication skills; superior writing skills a must.
- Significant experience with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong attention to detail; accurate and thorough.
- Self-motivated, organized, and resourceful.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with colleagues in multiple departments.
- Ability to handle tight deadlines and quick turnarounds.
- Ability to learn new applications as required.
- Interest in audience research and analytics reporting in practice and as it relates to larger organizational functions.
- Comfort with ambiguity and cultural change.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience with SQL, Data Visualization software, ETL Tools
- Experience pulling reports and extracting data from a variety of platforms including Tessitura, Google Analytics
The Walker is committed to being an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities and audiences we serve. We are dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.
The Walker Art Center requires all employees to comply with our COVID vaccination policy, which requires staff to be fully vaccinated or test every 6 days. The Walker Art Center is an equal opportunity employer and will consider request for reasonable accommodations based on disability or sincerely-held religious beliefs possible without undue hardship.