Lead Safety and Security
The Walker Art Center is seeking a Chief Guard to help maintain the security and safety of the museum, visitors and staff, while placing the highest priority on customer service. This role will have supervisory responsibilities of the Gallery Assistant team.
- Monitor and proactively take steps to protect museum, collection and all Walker assets.
- Able to take charge in various potential emergency or crisis situations, and communicate to appropriate internal and external parties.
- Assist with Gallery Assistant orientations, training, development and coaching ensuring frontline expectations are met by giving ongoing performance feedback
- Proactively address needs of guests and work through any concerns in a professional, empathetic and understanding manner.
Schedule and Compensation:
Full-time (35 hours/week) Wednesday - Saturday; 8am - 5pm; with flexibility to work evenings and weekends required; salary up to mid-$30's; non-exempt; excellent benefits package, Walker membership, museum discounts.
- Strong supervisory and communication skills with ability to work with diverse visitors/groups; demonstrate flexibility, initiative, strong work ethic, and the highest level of integrity and professionalism with strong emphasis on customer service.
- Excellent decision making skills with proven ability to show good judgment in stressful or unexpected situations, and to respond effectively in dealing with staff and visitors regarding safety and security of facility.
- Proficient working knowledge in use of various security system and routines: monitoring equipment, access control.
- 1-2 years of experience in security or monitoring situations required; high school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Effective work and time management skills to successfully manage multiple tasks and balance conflicting priorities; work collaboratively and cohesively with other Operations leadership and staff.
- Knowledge of computers, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel), preferred.
To Apply: provide a letter of interest, resume, and three professional references directly to this posting.
The Walker is committed to being an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities and audiences we serve. We are dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.