We are seeking a skilled and talented Assistant Registrar to join our dynamic and dedicated Collections and Exhibition Management team. This individual will adeptly manage and administer the detailed processes for all loans from the Walker’s Permanent Collection as well as all Rights and Reproduction requests. In addition, this role will assist with art inventories, provide research, participate in special projects, and will have the opportunity to handle incredible art.
- Full-time (35 hours), Exempt, some evenings and weekends required
- Salary $37k-44k dependent on experience; excellent benefits package; generous 403(b)
- Walker membership, museum discount, and opportunity to work alongside talented individuals and support remarkable artists, events and programming.
- Experience handling works of art
- General knowledge of standard fine art packing
- Ability to travel frequently, including long hours over the course of several days
- Excellent communication skill, both written and verbal
- Experience with databases and Microsoft Office Suite software
- Ability to lift 60 lbs
- Ability to work flexible hours, at times outside of standard work hours, as needed
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position; they do not purport to describe all functions of the position. Walker employees may be assigned other duties and the essential functions of the position may change or be changed with or without notice.
The Walker is committed to being an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities and audiences we serve. We are dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.