The Walker Art Center is more than a museum.
- We commission and present pioneering contemporary art;
- We foster collaboration among visual, performing, and media artists;
- We engage diverse audiences in the excitement of the creative process;
- We serve communities by inspiring and encouraging social and civic dialogue and participation; and
- We are home to the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden.
The Walker Art Center is seeking a part-time Sales Associate to greet visitors, share our story, and help ensure extraordinary experiences and repeat visits. The Walker places the highest priority on establishing a warm and welcoming environment to all visitors.
- Excellent customer service: greet, recommend merchandise, assess needs, listen to/respond, and close sales. Actively engage with all customers – provide information and direction to visitors/shoppers, as needed.
- Sell Walker publications, artist designed jewelry, contemporary gift items, and memberships.
- Provide positive, enthusiastic and welcoming environment.
- Restock tables and shelves as necessary/when merchandise sells.
- Straighten tables and shelves/keep displays and merchandise up to high showroom standards.
HOURS AND COMPENSATION:
Part-time (5-15 hours per week). Depending on COVID-19 closing restrictions, these hours may change; flexibility to work evenings and weekend is required; $15.00/per hour; with Walker membership, museum discounts, and the opportunity to work alongside talented individuals and support remarkable artists, events and programming.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Retail sales experience required.
- Excellent customer service skills and cash register/cash handling experience is essential.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time (6+ hour shifts) and lift/push/pull up to 25lbs.
The Walker is committed to being an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities and audiences we serve. We are dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.